Eagle Springs, formally known as DeFuniak Springs Country Club, has been an essential part of DeFuniak Springs and Walton County, Florida for the past 94 years and is on Florida’s Historic Golf Trail with The Division of Historical Resources by the State of Florida. It was founded in 1924 by DeFuniak Springs businessmen for the enjoyment of the townspeople and to attract tourist.
On April 01, 2019 Walton County purchased this historical treasure in hopes of providing citizens of Walton County several recreational activity opportunities. Walton County Board of County Commissioners voted to rename the course, Eagle Springs.
Eagle Springs is an 18 hole golf course that sits on 194 acres of land including five beautiful spring-fed lakes. Eagle Springs also has a newly renovated swimming pool and plans to add a walking trail, tennis or pickleball court, basketball court, fishing pier, and more.